Like other department in the university the hotel management is launched in 2013 by merging tourism and hotel management under college of Business and Economics. Currently, the department is under the Institute of Tourism and Archaeology, the centre of excellence for the University, which has five departments. Still now more than 90 students have been graduated successively from the department. To shed light on some remarkable achievements, regular students’ enrolment the department intake capacity has increased from year to year. Presently, the department has 2 expatriates and 9 Ethiopian instructors well experienced who are very committed and curious to teach and to achieve the desired objectives. In order to enhance learning and teaching, the department has its own practical lab, which helps the students to do their practical work and to fill their knowledge and skill gap.
To effectively and efficiently accomplish its mandate and deliver quality services, the department is working hard to achieve the University mission in general and the department in particular.
The mission of the department is to effectively provide teaching and learning, community service and research to equip students with skill; enhance students to work on any condition as the work demands in the hospitality sector, and benefit the country economically.
The vision of the department is to deliver standardized academic training in hospitality and to create access of industrial training to the surrounding community through teaching schemes and to conduct research and project inquiries towards solving hospitality sector bottlenecked problems by 2025.
The main objective of the BA degree program is to impart all the due knowledge, skills, attitudes, professionalism and personality through classroom instruction, practical lab training and industry exposure, whereby students will become competent managerial work force in the industry.
- To produce competent professionals in hotel Management who can advise decision makers and business planners in the industry.
- To produce specialists trained in hotel Management who will advocate the practice of professionalism and ethics in the field.
- To produce graduates who will tackle problems pertinent to the industry.
- To augment the nation’s capacity of undertaking research on the diverse aspects of the industry.
- To produce competent and skilful management personnel for hotel industry who can hold different management positions.
- To conduct research and provide consultancy services so as to enhance the development of the sector.
- To produce entrepreneurs who can create and manage small businesses within the Hotel industry.
|S.No||Name||Academic rank||Phone No||Department|
|1||Asfaw Shibabaw||Lecturer||0912132558||Head of the Departmentemail@example.com|
|8||Jenberu Nugussie||GA- I||0947831539||Hotel||Meetjenberu23@gmail.com|